An inspiring blog to you - Ozge Karaoglu's Blog

As a new teacher, I always think about how to make my classes become funny so my students can enjoy them, and information technology really helps a lot in this aspect as it can allow us to do something creative. Recently, there is a blog inspired me a lot on designing interactive in-class activities so I want to promote it to you. It is Ozge Karaoglu's Blog.


On the top of the blog, the author divided her profile into several parts like her background information, her achievements, the workshops that she held before etc. so you can locate her information easily. 


In each post, she recommended one app or game. You can know what functions can be performed in the app, how to use it and how you can apply it in your classroom from the post. Also, there is a photo on the left as to show the appearance of the app. The link of the app is provided to you as well so you need not to struggle where to download it.


If you only want to read certain posts -
Don't worry! You just need to type the keyword in the search box on the right hand corner. The blog will show you the posts that you're searching for. It allows you to leave a comment on the post as well. So, if you want to give a "like" or leave some suggestions to the author, you can do so with that function.


One more thing - the blog is linked with the author's Twitter. Just clicking "Follow my Tweets" on the right, you will be re-directed to her Twitter if you want to know more about her.


This blog is suitable for teachers - especially if you are teachers in primary or secondary schools. Teenagers are "digital natives" and they participate actively in creating Internet content, thus they will be engaged in their classes if computer-mediated materials are used. I hope you can get more inspiration on designing class activities through this blog. 

Lastly, here is a useful video if you still don't have an idea on how to write an eye-catching blog. This video from Ahrefs gave some tips on creating blogs for Fresh Bloggers. You can fast forward the video to 4:22 to get the idea on writing an easy-to-read blog. Enjoy!😊



Comments

S said…
I have reviewed her blog referring to your explanation and it is very neat and well-organised ! I like the point that there are clear classifications so the audience can see what to do on each page. I agree with you that it's intriguing to bring her ideas about apps and games into classroom :) Thank you Michelle!
Tilly said…
Hi Michelle, This is a really good blog post and a great start to your blog. Thanks for the review of Ozge's blog - you bring it to life and make the reader curious about all the good tips and ideas they could find there! I love the way you give clear instructions about how to find more content - did you annotate that screenshot? It's very helpful! Your own blog is super tidy and 'clean' no clutter at all! I also like the video you embedded - there is a lot of good advice there although I think the target is more for people who want to make their blogs popular for commercial reasons. However what he says about a community of bloggers definitely applies to us! Well done for getting started on your blogging journey and doing a brilliant job so far!
Yumna M. Aly said…
Hi Michelle,

I really like your post...As I reviewed the same blog, I can say that this post is a comprehensive one. You put your readers' hand on what Ozge does to keep a successful blog. Your neat post takes me in a smooth reading. I see the blog from another perspective through your review. Well done, Michelle.